Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Rice Creek Elementary- Bloggers

These third grade Rice Creek dolphins in Mrs. Gaines class could not be more PROUD about their blog! Mrs. Gaines recently introduced Google Blogger to her class. Each student has their own blog and currently is using it to reflect about their learning experiences.

"My mom gets to read it and I can't wait until she leaves me a comment. I've always wanted to have my own blog and now I do!" ~Ivory-She was full of smiles as she expressed why she thought her blog was awesome! 

"I enjoy blogging because it helps me improve my keyboarding skills. 
I like when my friends read my blog posts!" ~Keon

Blogging can be a powerful tool inside and outside of the classroom:

  • Encourages student voice
  • Strengthens literacy skills
  • Motivates open reflection of learning and interests
  • Tracks growth over time (ePortfolio) 
  • Excitement for writing 
  • Experience writing for an authentic audience 
  • Practice for giving proper and effective feedback
Blogger Help



No comments:

Post a Comment